Countdown to Emerson's First Birthday!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

So, I um... sort of forgot I had a blog

Alot has happened since I last posted...

Me: I graduated with my masters and have a new job! I am the Health Educator for Texas Tech. I'm the health education department manager, which is funny because I'm the only one in the department. I'm loving the job so far though. I give presentations and put on events covering just about any college health topic you can think of. I also advise a peer health education organization called Impact Tech... they're a great group of students!

McLain: Nothing much new has happened with McLain. He's still the loving, supportive, helpful husband and awesome dad he's always been. He's still working hard at Eco-Drip making sure the Levelland store runs smoothly and taking care of all his customers in Oklahoma and Northeast Texas.

Emerson: I saved the best for last. Tons of new things have happened with Emerson! We recently got him all recovered from a nasty case of RSV (respiratory syncitial virus), which involved lots of medicine and breathing treatments every 4 hours around the clock. However, he's all recovered and doing very well now!

So, all my blogging friends with kids always do this cute little stat/update thing to show what's new with their kids; so I guess I'll conform and do the same... =)

Age: 8 1/2 months
Foods: Definitely all 3rd foods now- he likes the soft chunks. He almost won't eat the mushy stuff now unless you mix cereal with it to thicken it up. He loves bits of soft table food and of course puffs. He ALWAYS wants to feed himself. I have to give him a spoon to play with if I want to try to spoon anything into his mouth myself. He’s still breastfeeding at night and in the morning, but I think we’re going to start transitioning to just formula pretty soon.
Clothes: 9-12 month
Teeth: 2
Sleeping: through the night, from 8:30PM-7:00AM... finally, thank God! This is a recent accomplishment. He was sick for awhile and his sleeping and eating schedule was totally wacky!
Mobility: he rolls around, scoots, and shimmies to get what he wants currently... no interest in crawling so far, but he absolutely loves his walker and standing up.
Speech: just baby noises and giggling for the most part. He says dada, but just for fun... although McLain swears he knows what it means.
Other stuff: He loves to clap... constantly. He also LOVES music- he does this dancing head-banging thing. However, he doesn't necessarily need music to do it. We call it "rockin-out".

Anyway, here are a few pics for yall to enjoy...



















2 comments:

  1. Emerson is adorable! I can't wait till we move back and Holt can meet Emerson and play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!!! Keep the pictures coming! :)

    ReplyDelete